You must have a current Montana fishing license in order to fish on the Bighorn or anywhere in Montana.
To apply for a Resident or Non-resident License
- Log on to www.app.mt.gov/als/index.html
- Click “I am not a Montana Resident”
- Insert first name, last name and date of birth and click “submit”
- Click “I am certain I do not have an ALS number” (if you do have an ALS # –insert it
- Under fishing, insert “2” in the Two day fishing and scroll down and select the dates you plan on fishing. If you plan on staying additional days…you needs to purchase a license for those dates
- Click “Proceed to checkout”
- Fill in credit card information and click “Submit”
- Print the temporary License and keep it in your possession throughout the trip
- Print a receipt for your records.