Fishing License

You must have a current Montana fishing license in order to fish on the Bighorn or anywhere in Montana.

To apply for a Resident or Non-resident License

  1. Log on to
  2. Click “I am not a Montana Resident”
  3. Insert first name, last name and date of birth and click “submit”
  4. Click “I am certain I do not have an ALS number” (if you do have an ALS # –insert it
  5. Under fishing, insert “2” in the Two day fishing and scroll down and select the dates you plan on fishing. If you plan on staying additional days…you needs to purchase a license for those dates
  6. Click “Proceed to checkout”
  7. Fill in credit card information and click “Submit”
  8. Print the temporary License and keep it in your possession throughout the trip
  9. Print a receipt for your records.