Let us help you create beautiful memories on Montana's Bighorn River
The Bighorn River in Fort Smith, a small, former cavalry outpost nestled in the foothills of the Bighorn Mountains, is arguably the finest trout stream for fly fishing in Montana if not the world. Big Sky Country, long summer days, cool, clear starry nights and plenty of big trout. If you are looking to catch big, wild, powerful trout that will take you into your backing, the Bighorn is the place for you. We specialize in guided fishing floats and have have personally selected a group of the finest guides on the Bighorn.
Meet New Lodge Owners, Cary & David Horneman
Having recently purchased the Bighorn River View Lodge and Cabins, we look forward to welcoming you and providing unmatched service and hospitality during your stay with us. While the views from our lodge and cabins are certainly spectacular, you will also find your accommodations comfortable, clean and ready for you to relax after your days out on the river or after a day of hunting. Our lodge and cabins alike have undergone a number of renovations we can't wait to show you! Whether you are a new guest, or considering your accommodations for a return trip, we're certain you'll appreciate some of our many upgrades:
- We are now open year round! The Bighorn is certainly known for it's summer and fall fishing, but fishing is good year round and we also welcome hunters.
- Cabins were each given a fresh makeover, with new linens, comforters, pillows and towels and upgraded with flatscreen TV's, DirectTV and free wifi.
- We have a new fire pit overlooking the river, making for a great gathering place to share evening drinks and stories.
- Our dining room has been redecorated and upgraded with a flat-screen TV and a 24-hour tea, lemonade and coffee bar.
- New meal options, all home-made and locally sourced when possible.
- And, we certainly haven't forgotten your furry friends! We are dog friendly, and we welcome your dog at no additional cost.